Monday, January 26, 2009

Meet Joel

My name is Joel Baer.  I'm 26 years old and work for a plastic company.  I graduated from Brigham Young University where I received a Bachelor's Degree in American Studies.  This means that I am well qualified to study America.  But it also means that I am well qualified to judge America with the sort of authority that can only be vested by a private, religiously-affiliated university.  

My life is mostly a series of embarrassments and regrets lasting varying amounts of time- one always replacing another.  My greatest regret thus far is that I am not taller.  Second only to this regret is that I did not accept Stephanie Headly's offer to exclusively date in the 6th grade. She wore a poofy adidas jacket and basketball shoes, plus she was well connected and had hot friends.  She was impregnated by a more developed suitor in the 8th grade and disappeared shortly thereafter.

Knowing these few things is the same as knowing me.  And to know me is to love me.  

Here are my Top Ten Favorite Albums:

Abbey Road- The Beatles

Blue Album- Weezer

Zenyatta Mondatta- Police

Nevermind- Nirvana

Surfer Rosa- Pixies

Birth of Soul- Ray Charles

The Clash- The Clash

Here's Little Richard- Little Richard

Aftermath- Rolling Stones

Pet Sounds- Beach Boys



  

    

2 comments:

  1. Zenyatta Mondatta, huh? Interesting choice. Possibly the first bit of honesty we've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a strong album, dammit! One of the top ten strongest ever, by all accounts.

    ReplyDelete