Saturday, January 31, 2009

Horribly Regrettable Songs By Normally Dependable Artists

"The Devil's Workday" Modest Mouse
Tom Waits can't wait to die so he can start rolling over in his grave. But who really cares about Tom Waits anyways?
"I Remember Nothing" Joy Division
If I woke up tomorrow and remembered nothing about this song it'd be a miracle.
"Dancing Choose" TV on the Radio
It quite amazingly gets worse EVERYTIME you hear it. 
"My Body is a Cage" The Arcade Fire
I get it. It's still the worst album closer in a long while.
"Off The Record" My Morning Jacket
For the record, this song should have been left off the record.
"Pretty Good Looking For a Girl" The White Stripes
This song is pretty crappy, for a song.
"The Long and Winding Road" The Beatles
During this song McCartney hits an all time low, I dont even think Lennon ever wrote anything this bad.
"Hurricane" Bob Dylan
 Doesn't Dylan know they already made a movie about this story? Well Denzel did make a movie which was almost as long as the song. Note: the movie was also an unbearably offbeat, rambling, incoherent injustice to my senses. 
"Revelry" Kings of Leon
Dreaming of not being an asshole: Caleb Followill.
"Fame" David Bowie
This song is basically a nightmare.
"My Little Japanese Cigarette Case" Spoon
Maybe even more embarrassing for Britt Daniel than when he beatboxed through the whole of "Stay Don't Go."
"T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S." The Hives
G.O.A.W.A.Y.N.E.R.D.
"Under My Vodoo" Sublime
It's hard to fathom Sublime making anything but perfect music. But I discovered they sound better when they don't sound like RHCP. Then again, what band doesn't?


5 comments:

  1. This is a controversial move. I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates "Long and Winding Road." Good thing you didn't throw in any Led Zeppelin songs, because everything they recorded is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry speaking ill of Bob Dylan is egregious. You are dead to me Sean. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete