Monday, February 9, 2009

Ten Moments I Wish I Had On Video

10. Uncle Doug pissed off in Ophir - Mainly just cause I wasn't there for this. I really wish i could see Dan Smock's reaction when Jake and Greg's 6'-9" uncle yelled at everyone for coughing and popping popcorn in their cabin.

9. Greg flipping out at Jake - For some reason I am very entertained whenever these two brothers get into an argument. The one I am referring to here is when Jake parked Greg's car in a ditch, the next morning Greg let Jake hear it for being irresponsible and lazy along with many other verbal assaults. No offense to Greg who is the nicest guy i know.

8. Nicky and Aaron getting scared - Thinking they were scaring another group of people Jake devised the perfect plot to scare my brother and Nick. Nick was on crutches at the time and admitted to almost falling over due to pure terror while everyone else in the group ran away in fear. Aaron admitted to still being shook up an hour after the scare.

7. Blackest Heart night - The only reason this isn't higher on the list is because we do have this concert on video, but I really wish we had it in better quality. The very same night Micah Mathis beat the hell out of someone in the Belmont quad. I know we all wish we were able to see again how fast this friendly snowball fight escalated to a fist fight.

6. Spin the Bottle - For a game that started out as a joke and ended up leading to two sleepovers, this would be a night worth watching again. Plus we need some proof that the River Trout actually played because that was the biggest surprise of the night/year.

5. Melzer's Life - Due to how much I enjoy hanging out with Melzer a handful of times a month, I would love to have a video of a day in the life of Melzer. Preferably during one of his solo international vacations.

4. Less than Jake - Most of us know about the time, many years ago, when Jake attending a Less than Jake concert. Jake, being poked fun at for wearing a Less than Jake shirt to the concert, decided it would be better to enjoy the rest of the concert shirtless. So who wouldn't want to see a thirteen year old Jake Smart skanking shirtless at a ska show?

3. All-Star cameo at 24 - As Joel and Jake were waiting to jump on the basketball court for the next game, a player on one of the current teams had to leave ("...probably the best player on the floor."-Jake) So Joel being the competitor he is jumped up and joined the team that was down 9-10. Joel got open and let a three point shot fly, only to come up a foot or so short. The opposing team got the rebound drove down and won the game. A huge Tongan proceeded to slam the ball against the ground and yell profanities in pure anger.

2. The Stonesifer Incident - This story has been misconstrued by many, but I know the few of us that know the truth behind this dramatic trip to Ophir would love to be able to witness this event on video for ourselves.

1. The Dirt Mound - It has been a year now since I took the hardest fall of my life. As I ran down a mound of dirt only to lose control and bounce off the ground like a drunken hobo, I heard an eruption of laughter from some of my closest friends. At first I was kind of pissed off everyone was just laughing but as I imagined what I must have looked like taking that hard fall, I realized it was worth a good laugh. To this day I know, if this were on video, it would be one of the funniest on youtube.


Made Up Moments I Wish I Had On Video

1. Catano's friends doing back flips on the water slides at Seven Peaks

4 comments:

  1. another note on the blackest heart night, there is video of adam stage diving into the crowd. I followed with a front flip off the speaker onto cami claytons skull. genius. Catano's friend was clearly high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see this video. Someone needs to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see the dirt mound as the #1. There's no other place for it. If any of us had footage of it, we would all be billionaires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tara playing spin the bottle is much more than the surprise of the night/year. we did't fully appreciate it at the time, but i think this is probably the most once in a lifetime event any of us will ever be apart of.

    ReplyDelete